TULSA, Okla. — Police identified human remains found in east Tulsa last week as Tyra Whitaker.
Homicide detectives found Whitaker's remains late Wednesday night near Admiral and 129th East Ave. while following up on leads in her disappearance.
Police began looking for her in January after her family reported her missing.
Police say her boyfriend, Terryl Brooks, picked her up from her job near Edison and Gilcrease Museum Rd. Her family says they hadn't seen or heard from her since.
A few weeks ago, Brooks was arrested in connection to the murders of two other women. Detectives anticipate filing a murder charge for Brooks in Whitaker's death.
This is a developing story. We'll continue to update as we learn more.
- Baker Mayfield applies for job at Tarahumaras in Norman
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- LIVE BLOG: Jury finds David Ware guilty on all counts
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Muscogee Creek Nation Lighthorse Police investigating double homicide
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --