TULSA, Okla. — Zaven Collins has become the first TU grad since 1977 to be selected in the NFL Draft's first round, going 16th overall to the Arizona Cardinals.
The Hominy, Okla. native won multiple National Defensive Player of Year Awards such as the Nagurski Award, the Bednarik Award, and the Lombardi Award in 2020.
Collins' family and friends gathered for a watch party in Tulsa, as his fans in Hominy watched at the football stadium where he helped deliver them a perfect season and a state title in 2016.
- What to know as Tulsa's mask mandate expires this weekend
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Former Mannford officer sentenced to life in prison, convicted of killing his police chief
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- IT'S ON! Tulsa State Fair 2021 is happening
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --