TULSA, Okla. — The City of Tulsa began early making preparations ahead of a snowy Friday morning commute.
The Tulsa metro area is expected to get about an inch or more of snow Thursday into Friday as a band of winter weather moves through Green Country.
The city says street crews worked 12-hour shifts to pre-treat roads with salt and brine then later apply salt and plow if necessary Friday morning. City services are mostly unaffected, but bulky waste pickups will be delayed by a week.
Some Green Country schools adjusted their plans for the day — either distance learning or taking a snow day. 2 News Oklahoma has a list of closings that will update as more schools make adjustments.
- Here's where to find the cheapest gas across Green Country
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Northern Data to build North American headquarters at MidAmerica Industrial Park
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Oklahoma animal nonprofit needing donations after van breaks down in Iow
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --