TULSA, Okla. — Update:
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has identified the person found in the Arkansas River as 59-year-old Prachern Villarreal. According to OHP he was reported missing by family on Tuesday. OHP says the family stated victim liked to fish the river in the area. Tulsa Police Department located and recovered victim’s vehicle in a parking lot near the scene.
On Wednesday afternoon, Tulsa Fire Department recovered the victim at this location in 4 feet of water. Tulsa Medical Examiners' preliminary finding is consistent with drowning and transported subject to Tulsa Medical Examiner’s office, according to OHP
Tulsa police are investigating after finding a second person dead along the Arkansas River.
Investigators say a fisherman found the man dead near 71st Street and Riverside around 4 p.m.
Police haven't said that the deaths have any connection.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Tulsa police seize woman's new car after telling her it was stolen
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Governor signs bill allowing police to keep videos secret
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Two dead in highway crash near Leonard
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --