TULSA, Okla. — Vernon AME Church is opening its doors and welcoming its new pastor.
Rev. Keith Mayes and his wife, Gilda, are the new pastor and first lady of the historic church in downtown Tulsa.
Last month, Rev. Robert Turner announced he was leaving his pastoral duties at Vernon AME Church after several years. In his announcement, he says his next pastor position will be in Baltimore.
READ MORE: Rev. Turner to leave Vernon AME Church
Turner welcomed the Mayes' to Tulsa on Facebook by saying "I am confident the best is yet to come. I am excited about your future!"
- Man applies to 60 entry-level jobs and gets 1 interview
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Man in critical condition after fight at Tulsa Oktoberfest shuttle stop
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Former TFD captain accused of bank robbery arrested again
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --