TULSA, Okla. — Tulsa police arrested a man Wednesday in connection with a homicide investigation from last month.
Officers chased a driver of a stolen car through town Wednesday afternoon, ending in a crash near Admiral and Delaware. Police arrested Christopher Phillips and Jamilah Powell in connection with the killing of 43-year-old Tony Morrison.
Officers tell 2 News that a call came around 4 a.m. on June 27 for an accident involving one car near East Admiral and South Delaware, but when police arrived on the scene, they realized this wasn't a typical crash call.
“When officers arrived on scene they realized it was something more, it appeared some kind of shooting occurred," said Sgt. J.C. Metzger. "At this part of it, we have one person who is deceased at the scene. It’s still very early into the investigation.”
- Two more arrests made in deadly shooting at Taft festival
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- High gas prices affecting summer fun on the lake
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Oklahoma lawmaker proposes mandatory vasectomies
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --