TULSA, Okla. — A gunfight at the Pheasant Run Apartments sent two people to the hospital last night.
Around 10:15 p.m. on Thursday, Tulsa police responded to a call near 36th and S. Peoria where two shooting victims were calling for help.
Officers found a man who had been shot in the chest and a woman who had been shot in the arm. They both say the shooting happened at Pheasant Run Apartments, a complex near 71st and Riverside, but drove to a gas station on Peoria to call for help.
TPD then drove to the apartment complex and found two men who were cleaning up the suspected crime scene that was surrounded by shell casings. The men say they caught the two victims breaking into their car so they shot at them.
The shooting victims claim they were dropping someone off at the complex and not breaking into any cars.
Another car was hit with multiple bullets during the shooting that had a woman and her five-year-old child inside. It's been confirmed that have not been hurt.
The two shooting victims were taken to the hospital and are expected to survive.
Currently, the investigation into the incident is ongoing. TPD has not made any arrests at this time.
This is a developing story. We will continue to update as we learn more.
- Cherokee Nation providing masks for Oklahoma school districts that implement mandates
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Tulsa mayor encourages businesses to require masks, says citywide mandate causes division
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Tulsa County Sheriff's Office mourns the loss of Sgt. John Harris
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --