TULSA, Okla. — Staying gold, even in 4K.
StudioCanal is partnering with American Zoetrope to restore Francis Ford Coppola's film The Outsiders.
A brand new 4K restoration of Francis Ford Coppola’s The Outsiders The Complete Novel will be released in cinemas October 15th and yours to own November 8th. Starring @C_Thomas_Howell, @MattDillon, @TomCruise, Patrick Swayze, @RobLowe and @ralphmacchio. pic.twitter.com/olCNjS9EVP
— StudiocanalUK (@StudiocanalUK) August 24, 2021
The Outsiders was based on Oklahoma author S.E. Hinton’s novel of the same name. The movie was filmed completely in northeastern Oklahoma, such as Skiatook, Owasso, and Tulsa.
Today, fans of the novel and movies can visit The Outsiders House Museum, which was the actual home from the movie, that has been restored in Tulsa.
The brand new restoration of the film is releasing in theaters on Oct. 15, but fans can see it early on Sept. 25-26 at The Outsiders House Museum in partnership with Circle Cinema with "special guests."
Fans can own the stored version starting November 8.
- Tulsa City Council to consider mask 'resolution' after heated mandate debate
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Toddler battling COVID leaves hospital
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Tulsa doctors urge pregnant women get COVID vaccine, say it won't cause infertility
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --