TULSA, Okla. — Senator Elizabeth Warren, D-MA, and Representatives Cori Bush (MO-01), Steve Cohen (TN-09), and Hank Johnson (GA-04) are among the politicians who will join survivors and descendants for the Black Wall Street Legacy Festival.
Others who are also participating in the events are:
- Nina Turner, former State Senator and Congressional candidate for Ohio’s 11th district
- Bryan Stevenson, Executive Director of the Equal Justice Initiative
- Brittany Packnett Cunningham, activist, educator, and writer
- Charles M. Blow, journalist and op-ed columnist for The New York Times
- Damario Solomon-Simmons, Founder and Executive Director, Justice for Greenwood
In previous weeks, the Legacy Festival announced the participation of Sen. Cory Booker, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, Damon Lindelof, and Cord Jefferson of HBO’s “Watchmen,” R&B star PJ Morton, gospel legend John P. Kee, and more.
The Black Wall Street Legacy Festival is happening from May 28 to May 30.
- President Biden visiting Tulsa for Race Massacre centennial
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Tribes working with Okmulgee to recover from the pandemic
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Puppies valued at +$25,000 stolen from Petland Tulsa
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --