OKLAHOMA — A University of Oklahoma cheerleader died in a car crash near the Oklahoma-Kansas border early Sunday morning.
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, Brittney Turley's truck veered off the road and hit a concrete barriere while traveling south on Kansas Highway 1. Emergency crews took her to the hospital where she later died.
Her sister, Morgan, was in the car and is being treated at a hospital. The cause of the crash is still unknown. KHP is investigating the crash.
Turley's teammate Talia Barnett started a GoFundMe to help with funeral and medical costs for the Turley family.
- Puppies left at convenience store adopted by Tulsa police officers
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Small Tulsa business expands to Broken Arrow adding a hundred jobs
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Jenks 6th grader pushes for others to help stop climate change
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --