WELCH, Okla. — On Dec. 29, 1999, Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman got together to celebrate Ashley's birthday at her home in Welch.
Neither of them have been seen since that day.
Investigators found Freeman's parents killed and the search for the girls' remains is still underway.
Multiple digs in Picher where the girls' killers were believed to have stayed have come up short.
Weather and overgrowth in the area have challenged investigators in their efforts.
The only man left alive responsible for Freeman and Bible's deaths, Ronnie Busick, is serving a 10-year prison sentence for his role.
Philip Welch and David Pennington were both believed to be involved in the kidnapping and the murder of Freeman's parents, but they died before they were implicated in the crimes.
- Judge denies Oklahoma challenge to National Guard vaccine mandate
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Bristow Medical Center changing operations starting next year
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Glacier, Lassalle's among downtown Tulsa businesses shuttered by pandemic
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --