TULSA, Okla. — Oklahoma CareerTech is launching a new program today called "Get Skilled Now."
"Get Skilled Now" is a platform to connect employers with students' work-based learning opportunities. It's essentially a search engine created by Oklahoma CareerTech along with a company called Simplicity.
Students and employers can filter their search based on:
- specific skills and certifications
- types of technical programs
- courses taken
- educational institution
- geographical location
While providing work-based learning opportunities has been around for a long time, Oklahoma CareerTech says there hasn't been a search engine like this before.
“The technology allows us to have a single point for the employers to come and post their opportunities. It has the ability for students to search employers they might not have connected with otherwise," says H.L. Baird, a liaison for Oklahoma CareerTech.
In addition to making the connection, this program also manages the learning progress. The program is available through an app on your phone too.
However, Baird says schools must opt-in to be able to this program for their students.
For more information about the program, click here.
- Correctional officer dead after inmate attack
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Well-known pastor retires and starts new journey with development center
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- One teen dead, one hospitalized after drive-by shooting on BA Expressway
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --