TULSA, Okla. — Art, music, movies continue to grow, not only in the state of Oklahoma, but also in the city of Tulsa.
Tulsa continues to have it's name spread throughout the country and world by celebrities who call this city their home.
We're taking a look at the famous from Tulsa!
- Wayman Tisdale - Wayman Tisdale graduated from Booker T. Washington and became a two-time All-American player at the University of Oklahoma. Tisdale went on to become a jazz musician. According to ESPN, the jazz bass guitarist recorded eight albums. His album, "Rebound" included guest appearances by Toby Keith and saxophonist Dave Koz.
- The Gap Band - R & B funk band famous in the 1970s and 1980s. The band had three brothers, Charlie, Ronnie, and Robert Wilson, who were all from Tulsa, Okla. The created their band name based on the street in their neighborhood: Greenwood, Archer and Pine.
- Hansen - Isaac, Taylor and Zac Hansen's rise to fame came about in the 1990s with the hit song, "MMMBop". The trio continues to work on music and contribute to the local community of Tulsa with performances, donations and events.
- Jamie Oldaker - American blues, rock and country music drummer and percussionist. Oldaker built his music career as 'one of the worlds most respected drummers, producer and a discoverer of talent.'
- Leon Russell - An american musician involved in several bestselling music records during his 60-year career. A memorial for the Oklahoma music legend stands in celebration of Russell's life and music at the Memorial Park Cemetery near 51st and Memorial in Tulsa, Okla.
- Tim Blake Nelson - American actor, director and write who is best known for his role as Delmar O'Donnell in the 2000 film, O Brother, Where Art Thou? Fun fact, Nelson's maternal uncle is Tulsa businessman, George Kaiser.
- Alfre Woodard - An American actress who has received one nominations for an Academy Away, one for a Grammy Award and 18 times for an Emmy Award, in which she won four times. Woodard starred in such films as: 12 Years a Slave, Annabelle, Passion Fish, K-PAX, The Forgotten and more.
- Bill Hader - American comedian, actor, writer, director and producer who attended Cascia Hall in Tulsa, Okla. Hader was a cast member on Saturday Night Live for eight years from 2005 to 2013. He is best known for the HBO series Barry in which he created and also produces, directs and is the main star in the show.
- Josh Henderson - Actor, model and singer who attended Memorial High School in Tulsa. Henderson is best known for his role in the TNT revival, Dallas.
- Jeanne Tripplehorn - An actress who attended Edison High School in Tulsa growing up. Tripplehorn is known for such films as, Waterworld, The Firm and Criminal Minds.
- Amber Valletta - Model and actress who attended Booker T. Washington in Tulsa. Valletta has modeled in the past as the face of Louis Vuitton, Prada, Valentino, Gucci, Versace, Giorgrio Armani and Chanel.
- S.E. Hinton - Hinton is best known for the novel she wrote in high school, The Outsiders. Film director Francis Ford Coppola later made the book into a film with several up and coming actors, including Rob Lowe, Diane Lane, Patrick Swayze, Ralph Macchio, Tom Cruise, Emilio Estevez and Matt Dillon.
- Joy Harjo - Poet, musician, playwright and author to be the first Native American to hold the honor of United States Poet Laureate.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --