TULSA, Okla. — A Route 66 souvenir shop is looking for its missing dinosaur.
Decopolis, located on 11th Street near Lewis, says someone stole their Deinonychus statue on Sunday night.
The shop posted multiple videos to its Facebook page on Monday showing a man come by with a dog and some tools he used to remove the statue.
Anyone who sees the dinosaur statue is being asked to contact the shop.
William Franklin, the owner of Decopolis tells 2 News he was planning on bolting the dinosaur down this week but the suspect got to it before he had the chance to.
He says the statue helped attract customers to the store. He says the statues contributed to a rise in revenue this holiday season.
- Puppies left at convenience store adopted by Tulsa police officers
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Small Tulsa business expands to Broken Arrow adding a hundred jobs
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Jenks 6th grader pushes for others to help stop climate change
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --