BARTLESVILLE, Okla. — The people of Bartlesville are mourning the loss of 'local icon,' Michael Smith.
Dan Dalton made the announcement on Facebook saying Smith was "well known by almost everyone in Bartlesville and other parts of the state."
Smith was the older brother of Ree Drummond, most well-known as The Pioneer Woman. The siblings were close and Smith had appeared on her Food Network show several times since the show started.
Drummond later posted on The Pioneer Woman Facebook page remembering her brother by saying:
It isn’t possible to sum up the life of someone as perfectly wonderful as my brother Michael, so right now I won’t try. He was seventeen months older than me, my first friend and buddy, and I’m so grateful for over 50 years of photos and memories. Please pray for my parents, whose devotion to Mike was boundless, and who will feel this loss most acutely. Michael Smith, you were everything.
- McLain High School suspends in-person learning
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Reasor's to be acquired by Texas-based Brookshire Grocery
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Hundreds of new laws take effect Nov. 1 in Oklahoma
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --
- Download our free app for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
- Sign up for daily newsletters emailed to you
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on Twitter