TULSA, Okla. — The City of Tulsa announced Wednesday night that the city's water pump is down because of a significant leak in the supporting piping.
The waterline was repaired around 3:30 Thursday morning. Water pressure should be back to normal by noon.
The City of Tulsa is urging people to conserve water usage as crews work to repair water line breaks.
Officials said customers in the highest points of the city should expect to receive water at diminished pressures and volumes during this time.
Locations include, but are not limited to:
- Southside Secondary Pressure Zone: E. 61st St. to E. 91st St., S. Harvard Ave. to S. Sheridan Road.
- Near the Tulsa County Fairgrounds: E. 15th St. to E. 24th St., S. Harvard Ave. to S. Yale Ave.
- Sunset Plaza Apartments service area: E. Independence Street and N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Turkey Mountain service area
- Oakhurst service area: W. 61st St. to W. 71st St, S. 33rd West Ave. to S. 65th West Ave.
- Gilcrease Hills Secondary Pressure Zone: W. 36th Street North to W. Edison Ave., LL Tisdale Expressway to the Botanical Gardens
- West Tulsa: West 31st St. to West 51st St., Southwest Boulevard to S. 81st West Ave.
- Woodcrest Service Area: South of Pine, S. 174th East Ave. to S. 193rd East Ave.
For more information about the city’s water supply system, click here.
- CHECK: Closings and power outages in Green Country
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Delaware County man died after going on ice to rescue dog
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Oklahoma family uses blow dryers to save calves from winter weather
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --