TULSA, Okla. — The Oklahoma Employment Security Commission (OESC) launched the application for the $1,200 Back to Work Initiative.
“The application for the governor’s Back to Work Initiative is officially live on the OESC website,” said Shelley Zumwalt, OESC Executive Director. “A $1,200 incentive will be available to the first 20,000 eligible Oklahomans who successfully complete the application and receive verification through the agency’s manual review process. The application will be open through September and we encourage Oklahomans returning to the workforce to apply.”
To be eligible applicants must:
- Have had an active unemployment claim and filed for at least one week between May 2-15, 2021
- Accepted one full-time offer of employment or two part-time positions with employers in the state of Oklahoma, working 32 hours a week or more
- Completed at least six full weeks of paid employment and provide a valid paycheck stub for proof between May 17, 2021 - Sept. 4, 2021
“So far, over 9,000 Oklahomans have had success accessing the application, and on average, have completed it in five minutes or less,” said Zumwalt. “Once an application is approved it will be reviewed once more to verify documents. Claimants that receive a full approval on their application will be notified via email.”
Following completion, applications will be reviewed individually to verify paystubs and program eligibility. Payments will be distributed to the first 20,000 approved applicants.
The first payments for this program are expected to be made the week of July 12-July 16. Oklahomans can submit their application for the Back to Work Initiative at OESC's website.
- Tulsa brewery hosting fundraiser for Still She Rises, DVIS in honor of Britney Spears
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- American Airlines adds new nonstop service from Tulsa to Washington D.C., Miami
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Oklahoma’s Medicaid expansion to provide coverage for 190,000 Oklahomans
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --