TULSA, Okla. — A wrong-way driver is in custody after leading Tulsa police on a chase overnight.
Officers received a call saying there was a small white Jeep SUV going southbound in the northbound lanes of Highway 75.
A TPD helicopter eventually located the car at 1300 East I-244, this time going eastbound in the westbound lanes.
Officers went out and used stop sticks to prevent the car from going anywhere else. Police had to deflate two of the car's tires but the driver continued to drive.
OHP Troopers then arrived and were able to stop the car. The driver was then taken into custody and transported to a hospital for medical clearance before being booked into jail.
- Bell's Amusement Park is coming back
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- IRS: 430,000 Americans to receive additional tax refund
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Tulsa father recovering after attack at Oktoberfest shuttle stop
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --