TULSA, Okla. — Tulsa police arrested a suspect in a stabbing at the Dillard's at Woodland Hills Mall.
Police arrested 19-year-old David Alvarado Tuesday evening for assault and battery with a deadly weapon. Police said Mingo Valley officers responded to a stabbing Monday around 3 p.m. in south Tulsa.
Authorities said the victim, a 71-year-old man, was shopping in the store. He saw a young man stealing merchandise and confronted him. The suspect pulled out a knife and then stabbed the victim once in the chest or abdomen area, according to police.
TPD said the victim was taken to a local hospital and is stable after surgery.
- Oklahoma partnership program removes uninsured drivers from the road
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Sand Springs lifts mask ordinance
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Power pole replaced in north Tulsa neighborhood
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --