TULSA, Okla. — An Amber Alert is canceled Monday night after police say someone stole a car with an 11-month-old boy inside.
Authorities found the boy safe around 9 p.m.
Tulsa police say someone stole the silver 2014 Ford Fiesta from outside a Family Dollar on Harvard near Apache around 7 p.m. on Monday with 11-month-old Emari Redricks still inside.
An Amber Alert was issued around 8:25 p.m.
Police say the boy's mother pulled into the parking lot of the store and left the car running with him still inside while she got out.
A couple of minutes later a small, black SUV parks next to the mother's car, then pulls out only to pull into the spot on the other side of the car. Then someone got out and into her car.
Police say they got a tip from a citizen that the car was parked at B.C. Franklin Park with the child still in the backseat, where they found him safe but didn't find whoever took the car.
- One dead in plane crash north of Inola
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Names of people killed in Amazon warehouse collapse released
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- iHeart Radio, 106.1 The Twister partners with 2 Cares for the Community for Bikes for Kids
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --