TULSA, Okla. — The Tulsa Health Department is now administering third COVID-19 vaccine doses to patients who are immunocompromised, according to recent CDC recommendations.
The CDC said the people who qualify for a third dose are:
- Been receiving cancer treatments
- Received an organ transplant
- Received a cell stem transplant within the past 2 years
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency
- Advanced (or untreated) HIV infection
- Taking high-dose corticosteroids or other immune-suppressing medications
Appointments are required to receive a third vaccine dose and can be scheduled here. CDC does not recommend additional doses or booster shots for any other population at this time.
Those receiving the third dose must bring an ID and a copy of your vaccination card to their appointment.
THD encourages people to talk with their healthcare provider about their condition and whether a third dose is appropriate for them.
- 'South Park' creators say they've reached agreement to buy Casa Bonita, restaurant seen on show
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Tulsa Little League chapter files lawsuit over World Series disqualification
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Human skeletal remains found near Highway 169
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --