TULSA, Okla. — A viral video shared on social media on Tuesday is under investigation after it showed an employee dragging a dog by its legs across a crowded room inside Paws on Pearl.
A Facebook user publicly shared the video on Facebook and on Paws on Pearl's page which prompted widespread criticism from other users toward the business.
"We want you to know that what you viewed in the video shared online is not representative of the treatment of our dogs at Paws on Pearl," a post from the owners read on Facebook on Wednesday. "We make no excuses of why this occurred or which dogs were involved in altercations."
The business says the video is originally from December 2020 and the employee involved has since left the business due to an unrelated personal matter. Paws on Pearl operates as a dog daycare as well as a grooming service near 6th Street and Peoria.
Tulsa Animal Welfare is investigating what happened and trying to get in touch with the employee in the video.
The city says they aren't aware of any other incidents there.
- Oklahoma Gov. Stitt allows state agencies to let employees substitute teach
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- COVIDtests.gov launches one day ahead of schedule
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- COVID-19 depleting OKC hospitals, Tulsa hospitals not far behind
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --