TULSA, Okla. — Tulsa County jury trials are suspended until January 11, 2021, according to the Tulsa County District Court.
Officials said jurors currently scheduled for jury during this time don't need to take any actions as they will be automatically excused if their summons date is within this time period.
Tulsa County District Court is striving to balance the needs of those in the court system with the safety of everyone involved. Everyone is encouraged to take responsibility and practice safety and social distancing
Officials announced other changes in current procedures due to the increase of COVID-19 in Tulsa County and surround areas.
- Preliminary hearing matters requiring a witness to be called is suspended until Jan. 11, 2021
- Family Division is eliminating all in-person trials and hearings until Jan. 4, 2021.
- out of custody misdemeanor cases that do not involve DUI, Domestic Assault, or violence or threats of violence, will be continued until April 1, 2021. Misdemeanor matters involving DUI, Domestic Assault, or violence or threats of violence will continue to be set by assigned judges.
- Some Tulsans concerned over indoor church concert held Tuesday night
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Glenpool City Council passes mask mandate
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- State chief medical officer fears for Oklahoma's healthcare system
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --