TULSA, Okla. — A judge upheld a jury's recommendation on giving a death sentence for David Ware on Friday.
Ware was on trial for shooting Tulsa Police Sgt. Craig Johnson and Officer Aurash Zarkeshan during a June 2020 traffic stop. Johnson died in the shooting and Zarkeshan went through several months of treatment and rehabilitation due to his injuries.
Ware will eventually go to the Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester.
- The Canebrake makes a comeback in Wagoner
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Tulsa rent increases 13.5%, on average, since 2021
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Mayor Bynum proposes an amended ordinance to address homelessness in Tulsa
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --