TULSA, Okla. — A 13-year old boy is recovering after a shooting late Monday night in east Tulsa.
Tulsa police said the situation started around 10:45 p.m. when multiple shots were heard at the East Central Village apartments. Officers say a mother and her 13-year-old son went to pick her 21-year-old son from his apartment. A person walked up to their car and shot at the car with a handgun multiple times.
The 13-year-old was shot twice in the leg. His mother immediately took him to the hospital. He is going to be OK.
Investigators learned the gunman had issues with the victim's older brother. TPD secured a search warrant after discovering the suspect ran into a home near East Admiral Place and North 123rd Avenue.
Police searched the residence, but did not find the gunman.
- Family asking for help after fire destroyed home, cars, and tools
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Tulsa City Councilors approve $16 million for north Tulsa development project
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Delta Variant identified in Oklahoma
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --