BROKEN ARROW, Okla. — A Broken Arrow teen received more of a reward than she signed up for after winning a local art contest on Wednesday.
Fast Signs and the City of Broken Arrow's Utilities Department presented 14-year-old Karelis Olivares with a plaque for winning the city's Drinking Water Week Art Contest early Wednesday.
Olivares, a 9th-grade student at All Saints Catholic School, created a permanent display on an electrical box at News Orleans Square titled "Water Fall."
However, during her award presentation, she received a surprise reunion with her father Carlos Olivares who has been serving in the Navy and stationed in San Diego.
- Oklahoma man's 'Mega Mower' leads to social media fame
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Dewey family left to pay for air conditioning replacement despite home warranty deal
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Garth Brooks planning vaccination requirements for upcoming dive bar tour
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --