CLAREMORE, Okla — One man is dead and another is in police custody following a deadly shooting northeast of Claremore Sunday night.
Rogers County Sheriff's Office says the shooting happened just before 6 p.m.
It took place at a house near South 4230 Road and East 440 Road. When officers arrived at the home, they found Michael Hansen dead in a ditch.
Investigators say Hansen was at a gathering near Gary Hubble's home, only about a couple of houses over from his own home.
Rogers County Sheriff Scott Walton says they don't believe the victim had a weapon and don't believe the two men knew each other, but some kind of altercation led to the shooting. They called in OSBI to help with the investigation because of the wet and rainy conditions.
The sheriff's office arrested Hubble and his mother Lynda O'Fields who are both facing first-degree murder charges.
- Tulsa car wash responds to woman after conveyor belt collision
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Police identify father killed in north Tulsa neighborhood shooting
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- McAlester man talks battle over rental car agreement
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --