POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY, Okla. — The man accused of shooting a Pottawatomie County deputy Friday morning is dead, according to the OSBI.
Law enforcement searched for 27-year-old Braedon Chesser throughout the day after Chesser shot the deputy responding to a domestic violence call in Bethel Acres.
Paramedics took the deputy to the hospital to be treated for multiple gunshot wounds.
Law enforcement searched from 8 a.m. until about 5 p.m. when they found him dead in the woods about 100 yards behind his home.
Chesser's estranged wife, 25-year-old Sarah Chesser was found dead inside the home.
OSBI is still investigating what happened.
This is a developing situation. We'll continue to update as we learn more.
- John Grant convulsed, vomited during Oklahoma's first execution since 2015
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Missing men's car found at Mohawk Park, investigators searching area
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- School board member calls for Tulsa Public Schools forensic audit
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --