TULSA, Okla. — Perry's Food Store on Lewis Ave is closing next month.
Tricia White, current Perry's General Manager, told 2 News Oklahoma that the Lewis location of Perry's is closing and staff have one month left of work. The second location on Sheridan Road closed Sunday.
Perry's opened after Perry Isom and his wife bought a store after going up for auction. They opened the original location at Archer and Lewis, in Historic Whittier Square, in 1940. The store stayed at its original location for 46 years before moving to 10th and Lewis in 1986. At that point, Perry turned ownership over to his sons and daughter.
The family-owned business has always been known for allowing customers to choose their cuts of meat from the counter and watch butchers execute the order.
The second location in south Tulsa at 81st and Sheridan provided customers the same features. It had a meat market, deli, and a variety of seasonings, rubs and sauces.
Perry's has been a Tulsa business for 81 years.
- Air conditioner not working properly leaves Broken Arrow family feeling the heat
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Candy store leaves bad taste in customer's mouths
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Jeff Bezos to launch into space in landmark flight for his space tourism company, Blue Origin
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --