OKMULGEE, Okla. — Okmulgee Public Schools mistakenly sent a letter to parents on Friday saying the district would be requiring masks on buses and inside school buildings.
In a letter to parents on Friday, Okmulgee Superintendent Renee Dove said safety is the district's first priority.
"Every decision we make in this district will be based on what is best for our students and employees using current data and scientific evidence," Dove says.
"Thank you so much for working with us through this time. I will update parents weekly concerning the mask requirement."
However, Dove clarified on Wednesday that the letter sent to parents had errors in it and was meant to only encourage mask-wearing as opposed to requiring it.
- Tulsa City Council to consider mask 'resolution' after heated mandate debate
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Toddler battling COVID leaves hospital
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Tulsa doctors urge pregnant women get COVID vaccine, say it won't cause infertility
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --