TULSA, Okla. — A man is in custody after an altercation in a Greenwood restaurant led to a six hour standoff, Tulsa police's second hours-long standoff in two days.
Officers say it started at Fat Guy's Burger Bar around 9:30 p.m. on Thursday. An employee allegedly pointed a gun at customers. Customers immediately called the police while the suspect climbed into the ceiling and hid in an unused office space above the restaurant.
TPD spent up to 6 hours to try and get the employee to come out. Captain Ryan Wood confirmed the suspect willingly came out and surrendered. Police arrested him and he faces at least one charge of assault with a deadly weapon.
At this time, authorities have not identified the suspect.
- Tulsa car wash responds to woman after conveyor belt collision
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Police arrest sword-wielding man in east Tulsa
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Gangs in Tulsa: gang members and police give insight
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --