TULSA, Okla. — While responding to a house fire early Friday morning, Tulsa firefighters discovered human remains in an abandoned house.
TFD responded to a call of a house fire near the corner of 5th Street and South Victor Avenue around 5:45 a.m. Crews found the human remains in one of the back rooms of the house and called Tulsa police to the scene.
TPD says the remains had already started decomposing and were likely there before the fire started. They are currently working on identifying the remains and determining a cause of death.
It is unclear what caused the fire to break out and an investigation is ongoing.
- Lincoln Riley namesake staying in Oklahoma
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Family, friends remember woman killed in head-on collision in Bixby
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Fire heavily damaged a hotel near 41st and Memorial
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --