MIAMI, Okla — The Grand River Dam Authority Police Department has identified the body recovered from Tar Creek on Saturday, May 8.
The body has been identified as Casey Hampton, a 24-year-old male. Hampton's body was discovered by a citizen who then contacted the GRDA Police.
Recovery was made in Tar Creek, just north of the Neosho River, near Miami, Oklahoma. The body was taken by the medical examiner’s office.
No other details are available at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Gov. Stitt signs bill limiting race, gender curriculums in Oklahoma schools
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Oklahoma getting $2 million refund in deal to return hydroxychloroquine stockpile
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Oklahoma's Cold Case Files: Who killed Francine Frost?
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --