TULSA, Okla. — The driver and passenger of Monday morning's deadly crash on the Creek Turnpike have been identified.
OHP identified the driver as Devin Hughes and the passenger as Jennifer Hughes. Both were pronounced dead on the scene from massive injuries.
Authorities say the driver was traveling westbound on the Creek Turnpike when it tried to depart the roadway on the right for an unknown reason. The 1999 Dodge Dakota struck the bridge embankment and caused the vehicle to overturn.
Both people were ejected from the vehicle.
The deadly crash caused the eastbound and westbound lanes of the Creek Turnpike to close between Yale and Harvard around 6 a.m. Monday morning.
Oklahoma Highway Patrol and first responders arrived on the scene soon after. Drivers were asked to avoid the area and traffic was diverted.
Both lanes are open again currently.
This is a developing story.
- Gov. Stitt signs bill limiting race, gender curriculums in Oklahoma schools
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Oklahoma getting $2 million refund in deal to return hydroxychloroquine stockpile
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Oklahoma's Cold Case Files: Who killed Francine Frost?
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --