TULSA, Okla. — Looking for a furry companion? A dog is looking for a forever home after being rescued several weeks ago by Tulsa police from abuse.
TPD arrested two men who were caught on camera with charges of animal cruelty in south Tulsa. The video showed both men severely beating and stomping on the dog.
Officers recovered the dog and she was taken by Tulsa Animal Welfare to be examined and cared for her injuries. Since then, the Oklahoma Alliance for Animals has cared for the dog.
The dog, then known as Chi Chi, is now named Sunny and, after many inquiries, she is now ready to be adopted!
To file an adoption form for Sunny, CLICK here.
Sunny is not the only animal that needs a new home in the local area. If you and your family or someone you know is looking for a new dog or cat, out Tulsa Animal Welfare and Tulsa SPCA for other pet options to suit your needs.
- Two arrested after assault leads to homicide outside of night club
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Two people dead and two children rescued from hostage situation
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Car repairs, part shipments impacted by COVID-19
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --