COWETA, Okla. — The City of Coweta is making a waste disposal site available for people as they clean up debris from Sunday night's storms.
It's only for green waste like tree limbs and branches, and it will only be available Tuesday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
People can take their green waste to the city's wastewater treatment plant
This disposal site is not meant for construction debris like fencing, sheetrock, plywood or shingles. The city is expecting to release details on a way to dispose of those other items later this week.
If the gate is closed when people arrive, there is no attendant on-site at that time.
Citizens have to show ID to verify they live in Coweta before being able to drop off their green waste.
Find more information here.
- Lightning strikes Broken Arrow home during Sunday night storms
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- EF-1 tornado tore through Coweta, schools cancel classes
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- City of Tulsa, Tulsa County add Juneteenth as official holiday
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --