COLLINSVILLE, Okla. — The Collinsville Police Department is in mourning after losing a fellow officer earlier this week.
In a Facebook post made by CPD on Tuesday, Officer Douglas "Chad" Goodner passed away in a traffic accident on Monday, June 7, near Afton, Okla. Goodner was one of two people pronounced dead on the scene of the accident by paramedics.
The post mentions that Goodner was with Collinsville police as a full-time officer for 8 years before deploying to Afghanistan. Goodner has since been serving as a Reserve Police Officer for the department.
He is survived by his wife, Gwen, and his four children.
For those who wish to share their condolences, cards, flowers, or even a sign-up to be a part of a meal train for the family is located in the Collinsville Police Department lobby.
- Cherokee Nation's plan to give individual assistance to its citizens
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Body of missing woman found near Fort Gibson Lake
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Rocklahoma 2021 lineup revealed, opening Labor Day weekend
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --