TULSA, Okla — A little girl died and three others injured on Oklahoma waters, in two separate incidents in two different bodies of water.
One of the incidents happened at Flint Creek Water Park in Delaware County. The Grand River Dam Authority told 2 News Oklahoma that a 10-year-old girl drowned.
An eye witness said search crews looked for the girl for over an hour. The witness told 2 News that crews found her on the opposite side of the initial search area.
Another incident occurred at Grand Lake where a boat accident injured three people. The GRDA said they were hurt when they got struck by the propeller of the boat in the water.
Good safety reminders when near areas with bodies of water:
- Always wear a life jacket or flotation device
- Check weather conditions to avoid hazardous weather
- Don't consume alcohol and operate motor vehicles on the water
- Don't swim or float alone, always stay within sight of others
- OU, Texas to leave Big 12 & join SEC "barring any unforeseen developments" according to reports
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- 2 men arrested after double shooting, child and Pryor man hospitalized
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- National Weather Service to launch new wireless emergency alert for thunderstorms
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --