TULSA, Okla. — Makes 8-10 servings
- 3 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced, shredded, or chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 head of cabbage, sliced, shredded, or chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a large sauté pan, soup pot, or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium high heat until oil is shimmering. (For best results, don’t use a non-stick pan for this recipe because non-stick hinders caramelization.)
2. Add onion and sauté briefly; just until onion begins to soften, 3-4 minutes.
3. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
4. Add cabbage, salt and pepper and continue sautéing until cabbage begins to wilt.
5. Reduce heat to low, continue cooking until cabbage is completely soft and begins to caramelize.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --