News

Actions

Suspect in deadly Broken Arrow home invasion, Elizabeth Rodriguez, pleads not guilty

Posted: 11:19 AM, Apr 04, 2017
Updated: 2017-04-05 06:57:12-04

WAGONER COUNTY, Okla. -- The suspect in a Broken Arrow home invasion that left three teens dead has pled not guilty.

Elizabeth Rodriguez, 21, pled not guilty to three counts of first-degree murder Tuesday.

Rodriguez told investigators she planned the robbery and drove the getaway vehicle.

RELATED: Homeowner's son won't face charges in connection with deadly BA home invasion, shooting

The plea comes one day after authorities announced that the shooter, 23-year-old Zachary Peters, won’t face any charges after allegedly shooting and killing the three intruders.

The Wagoner County District Attorney's office ruled that Peters acted justifiably in his use of deadly force to defend the home.

The intruders were identified as Maxwell Cook, 19, Jacob Redfern, 17, and Jaykob Woodriff, 16.

Deputies said the intruders burglarized the same home earlier in the day.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook