2 Works for You Storm Shield Meteorologist Taft Price says it's all about preparation.
- Know how your town sends out warnings, sirens or local media.
- Have a safety plan for your family when the warning goes off.
- Include an emergency meeting place in your home, like the basement.
- Practice the plan.
- Prepare your home: clip tree branches surrounding it, secure loose items , close windows and doors, move valuable objects either inside or under a sturdy structure.
- If you're at home, go to a secure location like the basement, and take your pets!
- Stay away from windows.
- If you're in a public place avoid large, open rooms.
- Check 2 Works for You on air, on our website, on our app, on social media, on the radio for updates often.
- Assess the damage.
- Contact the authorities if there are power lines down.
- Exit your home immediately if it's damaged.
- Check on your neighbors!
2 Works for You will have coverage of the storms on-air, online and our free smartphone app.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.