TULSA, Okla. — A construction worker died after falling at a construction site on Denver Ave and Cameron Street in downtown Tulsa on Friday morning.
First responders first arrived at the scene early Friday morning after receiving a call at 7:05 a.m. and found that the victim had fallen from the 11th floor to the 5th floor through a hole at the construction project site.
Authorities have identified the deceased worker as Abel Garcia. According to witnesses, Garcia was not wearing the proper safety harness prior to the fall.
The Tulsa Police Department confirmed Garcia died on the scene. The majority of the workers were sent home after the incident.
Garcia was 52 years old.
If you would like to help cover his funeral costs, click here.
- US expels Russian diplomats, imposes new sanctions
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Oklahoma state legislature passes bill criminalizing 'rioters'
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- City of Tulsa looking to fill labor, trade openings
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --