TULSA, Okla — On Friday, December 31, Tulsa Police Officers responded to the area of 800 South Sheridan for reports of animal abuse.
Witnesses told police that a woman, later identified as Sarah Powell, was kicking and dragging a small puppy.
Powell threatened any of the witnesses that tried to help or intervene.
When a TPD officer confronted Powell, she tossed the puppy at the officer in an attempt to escape.
She was arrested without injury, the puppy suffered minor scrapes and abrasions on its feet and abdomen.
The puppy was placed with the city animal shelter for treatment and care.
Powell was arrested for cruelty to an animal, threats of violence, and resisting officers.
- Two OSU band buses headed to bowl game turned around after positive COVID test
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Colorado governor reduces trucker's sentence to 10 years
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Local restaurant experiencing new challenges as they rebound from the pandemic
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --