TULSA, Okla. — Tulsa police confirm the security guard from the shooting outside Hillcrest Medical Center is not critically injured Friday morning.
According to TPD's Facebook post, officers responded to a shots fired call around 8:30 p.m. on Thursday near 11th and Utica. They learned that a citizen ran into the ER and stated she heard gunshots in the parking lot.
During their investigation, authorities found out the security guard went out and talked with a woman who was sitting in a car in the parking lot. The security guard asked if she heard any gunshots and she claimed they were fireworks.
Shortly after, the woman pulled out a gun and shot at the security guard, hitting him once in his vest. The security guard fired multiple shots back at the suspect, hitting her once.
The security guard's vest stopped the bullet from hitting him and was not critically injured.
The female suspect is currently recovering in the hospital. She will be taken into custody once she recovers.
This is a developing story. We'll update you as we learn more.
- Tulsa Race Massacre Centennial's 'Rise and Remember' commemoration canceled
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Tulsa's Greenwood district thrived for decades, then highways arrived
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Search for local athlete's stolen truck, special wheelchair
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --