TULSA, Okla. — Tulsa police arrested a man Thursday who they say stabbed and killed a man earlier in the week.
The Tulsa Police Department says officers responded to a call about a car collision near East Admiral Place and Sheridan around 11 p.m. on Monday. Officers arrived to find there hadn't been a collision but that 64-year-old Richard Bonat had been stabbed multiple times.
Bonat died at the hospital.
Detectives say they found enough evidence to determine that 39-year-old John Goode stabbed Bonat. Police found Goode on Thursday around 2 p.m. and arrested him.
Goode is facing a charge for First-Degree Murder. Police say they don't think anyone else was involved.
- The Canebrake makes a comeback in Wagoner
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Tulsa rent increases 13.5%, on average, since 2021
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Mayor Bynum proposes an amended ordinance to address homelessness in Tulsa
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --