TULSA, Okla. — Country music star Toby Keith announced on social media Sunday he is battling stomach cancer.
Keith said the initial diagnosis came in the fall of 2021 and he's been undergoing chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery in the past six months.
Keith, an Oklahoma native, is a Grammy-nominated singer and songwriter. He canceled an upcoming show as he recovers.
On Twitter, Keith said, "so far, so good. I need time to breathe, recover, and relax." He plans to spend this time with family but plans on seeing his fans sooner rather than later.
— Toby Keith (@tobykeith) June 12, 2022
He thanked fans Tuesday in another post for the support that followed his announcement.
"Thank you for all your love and support. I have the best fans in the world."
- Funeral services take place for Saint Francis shooting victims
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Former Tulsa police officer charged with First-Degree Rape
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- NFL icon Troy Aikman helps donate hundreds of computers to Oklahoma students
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --