TONKAWA, OK — The OU School of Meteorology lost three students in a fatal accident on Interstate 35 in Kay County late Friday night.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol confirmed that the three students were on their way back to Oklahoma from Kansas when the accident happened.
The vehicle with the three students hydroplaned and lost control, then exited the roadway.
When the vehicle entered the roadway again it became disabled, blocking the outside lane.
A second vehicle struck the one carrying the three students.
The OU School of Meteorology released the following statement:
A GoFundMe account is set up to benefit the victims.
- Naomi Judd, of Grammy-winning duo The Judds, dies at 76
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Owasso family frustrated after buying used car from Carvana
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Several hotels sold out city-wide for weekend of PGA
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --