1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup oat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or a mix of ground cinnamon, ginger, and cloves)
1 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)*
1 ½ cups milk of your choice
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1. In a medium bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, flax meal and pumpkin pie spice.
2. To dry ingredients, whisk in pumpkin, milk, vinegar, and oil.
3. Allow batter to rest at least 10 minutes.
4. Heat a non-stick griddle or sauté pan over medium high heat.
5. Ladle about 1/3 cup of batter onto griddle and cook until most of the bubbles have broken on the surface of the pancake. Then flip and continue to cook 2-3 minutes or until the pancake is golden brown.
6. Serve warm with a dollop of apple sauce and a drizzle of maple syrup
Tools and equipment: whisk, spoon/spatula, mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, skillet, can opener.
Additions and substitutions: Add nuts, dried fruit to batter. Could sub roasted sweet potato instead of canned pumpkin.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --