TULSA, Okla. — The Salvation Army received a special surprise in its red kettles over the weekend.
Organizers found several gold coins at five different kettle locations in Tulsa. The worth of the coin is still being determined.
Officials received the coins on Tulsa Gold and Silver’s Red Kettle Match day, a donor is matching up to $35,000 in donations from the weekend.
Here is a description of each coin and where it was donated on Saturday, Dec. 12:
- Two $20 US Gold Coins at Hobby Lobby (51st/Harvard)
- $50 Canadian Gold Coin at Reasor’s (41st/Peoria)
- $50 Canadian Gold Coin/Two $10 US Gold Coins (Reasor’s 71st & Sheridan)
- $20 US Gold Coin at Reasor’s (41st/Yale)
- $20 US Gold Coin, $10 US Gold Coin & Full Krugerrand (Sam’s on Sheridan)
For more information about this year’s Red Kettle campaign or donate, click here.
- Nurse gets first COVID-19 vaccine as shipment arrives in Oklahoma
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Tulsa Public Schools announces tiered plan for in person learning in Jan 2021
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Kristin Chenoweth remembers Ann Reinking
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --