TULSA, Okla. — The Salvation Army is setting out to rescue Christmas in Green Country due to the impact of COVID-19.
Local service centers reported a tremendous increase in applications for emergency financial assistance for utility and rent since the pandemic began impacting the community in March.
The Salvation Army’s Bell Ringers are going to be at 15 Reasor’s stores and more than 100 red kettles will be on display at area retailers this Christmas season. Safety measures are in place due to the pandemic:
- Bell ringers have personal protective equipment (PPE) including face masks and gloves
- Bell ringers have a sanitizing kit to wipe down the kettle at the end of each day
Donors can also donate online or on your phone this year:
- Donate digitally at any Red Kettle with Apple Pay or Google Pay. Just Tap and Go.
- Text to Give – Send the keyword - #RedKettle - to 918-228-5819.
- Donate online through The Salvation Army’s: CLICK HERE
- Ask Amazon Alexa to donate by saying – “Alexa, donate to The Salvation Army,” then specify the amount
So far, here is the amount of money raised from the Red Kettle campaign:
- Total raised to date: $227,138.97
- 2020 Goal: $705,000
- Amount still needed to reach goal: $477,861.03
WATCH the Salvation Army Red Kettle campaign kick off below:
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --